Fudge Making Tips
Here are a few tricks I have learned while making fudge with my dad this week.
1. You must have patience because it takes time.
2. Check your thermometer’s accuracy before you start. Do do this, place the thermometer in a saucepan of boiling water for a few minutes. It should read 212 F. If it registers above or below, just add or subtract that same number from the temperature of the recipe. I found this tip in the book, Bon Appetit Desserts.
3. Make sure your thermometer is not touching the bottom of the pan and when you check the temperature do it at eye level for accurate readings.
4. DO NOT scrape the sides or bottom of your saucepan when pouring the fudge into your mixing bowl. This is what causes grainy fudge.
5. You have to mix and mix and mix until the fudge loses its glossy look and becomes thick.
6. Share or you will become large and in charge!!
Happy fudge making.