Since you are all aware of my cookie addiction, I thought in celebration of posting more recipes (I needed a cooking break) I would make some homemade Oreos. I searched and searched for the perfect recipe and I think I found it. Big Daddy said they were even better than Oreos, and that means a lot coming from him. Make sure you have a big glass of cold milk ready when you eat these bad boys.
The first step is to let your crazy kiddo mix all the dry ingredients.
Then beat in the butter and egg until the dough comes together.
Next is the fun part, just use you hands and form little circles as thick as you want. I did mine a little on the thin side because I wanted the outside crunchy like a real Oreo, but I think the next time I make them I will do them a little thicker.
Then make your frosting. Be sure to get messy while enjoying the beaters.
Then plop a generous spoonful of frosting onto one cookie and smash another one on top! Mmmmmmm.
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add the butter and egg and beat until well mixed.
4. Place a ball of dough on the cookie sheet and press flat with your hands. You can also use cookie cutters if you would like, once the dough is flat.
5. Bake for approx 9 mins. Place on cooling racks to dry.
1. Beat all the ingredients together on a medium speed for at least three minutes (this is important, it makes it light and fluffy)
Recipe from www.cupcakeproject.com