Ham and Potato Casserole
I don’t know about your family traditions, but on Easter my family eats ham. And since I am cheap, I didn’t want to buy a whole ham. So I bought some ham slices and made ham and potato casserole. It was so creamy, warm and delicious and would make the perfect meal for your ham leftovers. It is also super quick prep time which is a huge plus in my book.
1 (approx 30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup butter
2 cups diced ham
3 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, sour cream and soup.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion with 1 stick butter and saute for 5 minutes. Add this to the mixture.
- I browned my ham cubes a little, so you are free to brown them in a skillet with some butter or just add them pre-cooked to the mixture and pour into the baking dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 45 mins.
- Pour the crushed corn flakes over the top and bake for 15 more minutes.